As a community run association, Lalor Neighbourhood House is blessed to have many volunteers involved in our programs.
Our Committee of Governance generously volunteer their time and skills and we would love to add to the professional skills of our committee. Other friends volunteer their time to support students in classes and can now help run our new Homework Club on Thursday afternoons.
There a many new projects and events that we could develop with the support of volunteers. We are particularly looking for volunteers to support our Lalor Refresh Project including people interested in the following activities:
- Join our Lalor Refresh Community Committee to help oversee all our projects
- Create community gardens and join the community garden committee
- Help us set up composting & mulching at LNH & at Links Community Garden near Lalor Station
- Help us do food preserving including pickling, jams, chutneys, fermentation, oil preserving
- Art projects, mural design
- Design and build outdoor games
- Share knowledge about recycling and circular economies with community members
- Support the LNH with fundraising activities
- Suggest new ideas and help us to make them happen!
If you are interested in committing time for regular volunteering in these or other ways, please contact our office – or complete the form here. Please note, if you do not hear from us within a few days please call us on 9465 6409 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to check if we have received your application.