Lalor Neighbourhood House has been providing English language classes to our local community for over 34 years!
We provide a welcoming, professional and caring place for people of all abilities and backgrounds to improve their language skills. We offer:
- Informal English conversation courses
- Short courses
- Pre-accredited English Language courses – see below
- Courses to help you improve your reading, writing and speaking skills
- Courses for those with some English who feel that their experience of formal schooling didn’t take them far enough and they need to improve their literacy skills.
- English for the Workplace
- Building English Skills for Living and Learning
- English for Living and Working in Australia
- Cooking Healthy Food on a Budget
- English Conversation through developing Artists Skills
- English Conversation through Traditional Skills Exchange (crafts)
All students enrolling in a pre-accredited course, or an adult English or literacy course, will need to attend a Pre-training Assessment interview (1.5 hour) in order to be placed in the appropriate level course.
Students may be eligible for a government supported place in these courses. Please contact us for further information about this and fees and charges for your course.
Lalor Neighbourhood House acknowledges the support of the Victorian Government.
Free English Class for people seeking asylum Saturdays 9-11am
join us on Saturday mornings to develop your English – free for people seeking asylum. Term 3 will resume classes on Saturday 16 July.