We are very excited to announce that we have been awarded a Circular Economy Grant from Sustainability Victoria! it is for our Lalor Interactive Arts, Permaculture and Waste Reduction Precinct Project, known as ‘Lalor Refresh’ for short! The project will include:
- establishing a community garden at LLLC
- Installing community designed art murals that promote a green Lalor
- working with Links Community Garden to increase composting and mulching services for the local neighbourhood
- working with Whittlesea Community Connections to recruit and support volunteers keen to grow their green thumbs and help clean up Lalor!
- Increase our skills in bottling, preserving and fermenting fruit and vegetables to reduce food waste.
We will be recruiting a two day a week project coordinating role in the near future, so please watch this space. We will also be looking for lots of volunteers and for your great ideas to make this a really dynamic and effective program. We hope to transform our surroundings into a beautiful arts and permaculture space! So please give us a call or send us an email if you would like to join us!
The Minister for the Environment and Climate Action Lily D’Ambrosio has issued a Media Release announcing successful recipients of the Circular Economy Communities Fund Round 2 – Tackling Waste with Creative Community Groups. You can also view the funded projects on our website – Circular Economy Communities Fund – Funded Projects.
The drawing below is some of our initial dreaming – come join our future dreaming gatherings to add your dreams and work out how we can make them a reality together!